Let's face it: Development is tough as it is. It's not easy to think about the best possible user experience and pixel alignment when you are neck-deep into code. You need design help, and now you've got it!
OpenSats is proud to present the Nostr Design initiative, spearheaded by Karnage and Daniele. The purpose of Nostr Design is to help open-source developers with product development, UI/UX, as well as general design considerations.
This initiative is funded by The Nostr Fund and made possible by generous donors like you.
Get Hands-on Help with Your Client
OpenSats distributed the first wave of Nostr grants a couple of weeks ago, one of which went to Karnage (that's me) to help create a comprehensive resource for developers and designers, as well as provide hands-on help with their clients.
If you are working on an open-source nostr project and need design help (or a second opinion on client UI/UX choices), don't be shy and reach out to us!
Who is "us"?
You can find us on nostr or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of things we can help with:
- A top-level view of the overall state of the client: what's working, what's not working, and what might be missing. Sometimes, it helps to zoom out from the day-to-day tinkering to see the big picture.
- Review and provide suggestions for any part of the client, including onboarding, navigation, content and user discovery, search, profile, settings, and other UI.
- Answer any questions you may have regarding UI & UX.
- Help design your client.
- Brainstorm interaction ideas
- Help make your client more useful, engaging, and fun. Who doesn't like fun?
Improve Your Nostr Client on Your Own Time
Too shy to ask for help? Do you think your client is perfect as it is? We're creating a design resource just for you: nostrdesign.org
Nostr Design will help developers and designers quickly discover nostr's quirks, challenges, and best practices for addressing them. Our goal is to make your life easier without having to constantly ask, "What is the best way to X?"
Types of things covered in this resource:
- Product design considerations
- Collecting user feedback
- Growth loops
- Basic design principles and laws of UX
- nostr-specific UI tips
- Making engaging apps
- A little bit of marketing
- Reference designs of various aspects of nostr apps
- How to approach onboarding, signups, zaps, relay navigation, and the like
- Figma files of other open-source projects where you can reference how something was handled in terms of UI or UX
- A wide range of resources, such as color palettes, font options, typography, color selection, book recommendations, accessibility, courses, videos, icon sets, and more!
Check it out at nostrdesign.org & come back often for new updates!
Nostr is a fast-moving and ever-evolving ecosystem. This resource will continue evolving to include the most up-to-date best practices and ideas that make nostr stand apart from everything else.
If you are a developer working on an open-source nostr project, don't hesitate to apply for funding and reach out to us for design help.